Title: Go Back to the Tape
Writer: Anonymous. Shut up no one wrote this ihni where it came from
Fandom: ugh, the Hey Tell With Bessy fandom? Or, hockey rpf + Panic a little?
Pairing and Characters: Patrick Kane/Jonathan Toews and Brendon/Spencer, Patrick Sharp
Summary: Please. No. Okay, fine. [closes eyes] Two singer-celebrity dudes Patrick's never heard of cause an NHL ruckus by kissing at a Blackhawks game. And personally? For Patrick? Wow. Twilight never prepared him for this.
Length: 42:25
Reader's notes: uh, I got nothing. Look, Bessy said that maybe we could encourage her friend reena_jenkins to get into hockey rpf if we wrote Brendon into a fic with Patrick Kane, and I was like NO BESSY and then all the sudden I was like OH JESUS. So. This is me talking to you all for 40 minutes about Patrick trying to figure out his thing with Johnny, and Brendon helping him? It's a little d/s-like? Or maybe it's pre d/s. There's a little rough editing and also I recorded it in various places in my house. I also extemporaneously narrate some angst and some humor and faily but hot porn. I'm sure there are a bunch of canon hockey errors but maybe I can get away with it this one time? And sorry, there's no text. Think of this as part of a centuries-old oral story-telling tradition. With oral.
There's no cover art bc THIS ISN'T PODFIC but here are two pictures I happen to like. And ugh, disclaimer, the subjects of this fic are just placeholders for my own personal ~feelings, and none of you should develop any independent feelings for rl!Patrick Kane based on my fannish interest in using him again and again for my own purposes.


mp3 link can be found here.
Okay. Okay. Well. ENJOY. [collapses]
Originally posted at my DW here.
Writer: Anonymous. Shut up no one wrote this ihni where it came from
Fandom: ugh, the Hey Tell With Bessy fandom? Or, hockey rpf + Panic a little?
Pairing and Characters: Patrick Kane/Jonathan Toews and Brendon/Spencer, Patrick Sharp
Summary: Please. No. Okay, fine. [closes eyes] Two singer-celebrity dudes Patrick's never heard of cause an NHL ruckus by kissing at a Blackhawks game. And personally? For Patrick? Wow. Twilight never prepared him for this.
Length: 42:25
Reader's notes: uh, I got nothing. Look, Bessy said that maybe we could encourage her friend reena_jenkins to get into hockey rpf if we wrote Brendon into a fic with Patrick Kane, and I was like NO BESSY and then all the sudden I was like OH JESUS. So. This is me talking to you all for 40 minutes about Patrick trying to figure out his thing with Johnny, and Brendon helping him? It's a little d/s-like? Or maybe it's pre d/s. There's a little rough editing and also I recorded it in various places in my house. I also extemporaneously narrate some angst and some humor and faily but hot porn. I'm sure there are a bunch of canon hockey errors but maybe I can get away with it this one time? And sorry, there's no text. Think of this as part of a centuries-old oral story-telling tradition. With oral.
There's no cover art bc THIS ISN'T PODFIC but here are two pictures I happen to like. And ugh, disclaimer, the subjects of this fic are just placeholders for my own personal ~feelings, and none of you should develop any independent feelings for rl!Patrick Kane based on my fannish interest in using him again and again for my own purposes.


mp3 link can be found here.
Okay. Okay. Well. ENJOY. [collapses]
Originally posted at my DW here.
no subject
Date: 2012-11-19 05:15 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-20 02:09 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-12-17 07:46 pm (UTC)You've inspired me to give this a go. Did you plot anything before hand?
no subject
Date: 2012-12-17 08:08 pm (UTC)Yes, you totally nailed it. Johnny is intense and a little off-center, exactly!!!
I saw that not!podfic (or oral not!fic?) was being discussed on twitter recently. I think there are a lot of ways to do it. Let me describe the process for this one.
The idea came in the middle of a busy day with preschool drop off, etc. I was Hey Telling with Bessy and she was making a case to have Patrick Kane/Brendon Urie xover. When I got the idea that became the crux of the fic (Patrick sees Brendon and Spencer kiss at a hockey game, and it makes him reevaluate his feelings for Johnny) I began Hey Telling her the idea, like oral story telling, making it up as I go, in snippets of messages all morning.
Every so often I'd get back Bessy saying "DON'T STOP THERE!" or "OMG OF COURSE PATRICK WOULD COMPARE HIS LIFE TO BELLA'S" and it was super encouraging and delightful.
When I got home, I retold the story in Garageband, from scratch. And then I edited it and re-retold parts. All in all, it was more work than I think was really warranted? I wanted to take out rambling and mistakes and wow, it was hard to stay focused with no written fic to work from. There were a lot of blank spaces where I was composing my thoughts, and sections I had to start again when I was halfway in and was like I'M NOT REALLY GETTING ACROSS WHAT I WANT HERE.
I think I'd like to free myself to do it in the future with a little less editing/planning? Somehow capturing that initial telling-the-story-to-an-excitedly-listening-friend would be good. Though less polished and maybe too long... idk. There are trade offs. Why don't you try it and tell us how it goes?? <3 <3 <3
Thanks for listening and commenting! One thing I was nervous about was how inattentive to any sort of canon I was being. But as a newcomer to this fandom and doing it without written words and research, this is what you get!
no subject
Date: 2013-01-04 07:52 pm (UTC)